Sider

mandag 26. desember 2016

Happy 100th Birthday!

I think it is the first time I make a card for a 100th birthday.
The birthday is on New Years Eve,
but while we thought there will be many visitors on that day,
my husband and I decided to visit the old lady on Christmas Eve.
I am so glad we did!
This lady looks like a 70 year old woman.
And she can remember, of course from her childhood,
but also what happened last year and two weeks ago. Amazing.
I brought my guitar for our visit, and we sang Christmas Carols.
My husband read some Christmas poems
and the Christmas Gospel, Luke 2,1-20.
The old lady showed her joy. It was wonderful.
I made a combined Christmas and Birthday card.
And because I am fond of CAS,
I also made this one without much stash.
I used:
Red card stock;
Snippets of green papers and designer paper;
Spellbinders Poinsettia and scalloped oval dies;
Stamp: Rico design;
Embossing powder: Rayher "gold";
Rhine stone;
"Gold" pen and metallic ink;
Number: Artoz sticker.




3 kommentarer:

  1. Wow Liv - what a lovely card fro a really amazing lady!

    Hope you're having a lovely festive time :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    SvarSlett
  2. What a beautiful card and a lovely post, Liv! How kind you and your husband were to visit this special lady and sing with her in celebration of this amazing milestone! I'm sure she was thrilled with her bright and festive card!! I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy new year! Hugs, Darnell

    SvarSlett
  3. What a wonderful 100th birthday/Christmas card! She sounds a very young 100! I am sure she really enjoyed the visit from you and your husband, it sounds lovely! xxx

    SvarSlett

Populære innlegg